Don’t Miss Our “Second Summer”
September 2015- It’s a little known secret that Fall is one of the best times of the year to visit the Oregon Coast. Autumn is so lovely in fact, many of our locals refer to it as the Oregon Coast’s “Second Summer’. A few of the perks of traveling to the Oregon Coast during the fall season include:
1. Warm Weather: During the autumn months, visitors can still find plenty of sunny days along with average highs in the upper 60’s and sometimes low 70’s.
2. Smaller Crowds: Since the crowds are usually smaller during this time, it’s a great time to do some early holiday shopping in our unique shops and antique stores. There is usually very little (if any) wait time to get a table in your favorite restaurant, and visitors often find the beaches almost to themselves at times!
3. Great Hotel Deals
Since lodging prices tend to drop after Labor Day Weekend, why not take advantage? Click here to find some of the best deals.
If you can’t get enough of summer, it’s time to take a road trip to Oregon’s Southern coast!
Five Featured Events & Adventures
2. Octoberfish 2015: Head to Charleston the weekend of October 2-4, 2015 to enjoy this wonderful charitable celebration of Coos Culture featuring food and beverages, art and plenty of local music on the Charleston Marina. Admission is $1/person or 3 cans of food is encouraged.
4. Visit the South Slough National Estuarine Research Reserve: SSNERR is one of our most precious coastal resources. Visitors are encouraged to visit the Interpretive Center Tuesday-Saturday from 10 am to 4:30 pm, and explore the trails open everyday from dawn to dusk. Join a South Slough interpreter and venture into the reserve in search of winged wildlife the first Saturday of each month.
5. Explore the Mahaffy Ranch U-Pick Pumpkin Patch (Open in October): A fun family outing awaits at this beloved local pumpkin patch. Pick the perfect pumpkin and enjoy the many activities for the whole family!