Memorial Day weekend has come and gone, and that means summer starts now! Let us help you plan and enjoy your Oregon Coast adventure! Here are 10 festivals the whole family can enjoy happening on Oregon’s Adventure Coast now through Labor Day!
Be sure to check our events calendar to see our complete listing of events and activities in the Charleston, North Bend and Coos Bay area.
1. Clamboree! Saturday, June 29, 2013 10am to 6pm in the Empire District, Coos Bay, (541) 888-4477. Join the Empire celebration of the history, the clams, the culture, and the future of our area!
2. 3rd of July Fireworks Celebration at The Mill Casino Wednesday, July 3, 2013 9:45 pm/ Don’t miss this spectacular fireworks show over the bay at dusk (approx 10pm)
3. 4th of July in Mingus Park Celebration Thursday,July 4, 2013 Central Coos Bay (541) 269-0215. Fishing ponds, face painting, FREE swimming, family competitions, clowns, kids entertainment, Boy Scouts, Monkey Bridge, Photos from the Heart, Furry Friends Therapy Dogs. Crafts and goodie bags, food available, and much more. Fireworks provided by the City of Coos Bay at dusk by the waterfront.
4. Oregon Coast Music Festival July 13th-17th, 2013. Don’t miss the Opening Day Event at Mingus Park on July 13th at noon! Come enjoy wine, food, and music to start this annual music celebration. This festival has multiple dates and venues throughout Coos Bay, North Bend and Charleston. Go to www.oregoncoastmusic.com for ticket and schedule info.
5. Oregon’s Adventure Coast RV Jamboree July 15th-18th, 2013. This event, held annually at the The Mill Casino RV Park, has something for everyone including a Show and Shine, Poker Run, excursions to a working forest or Shore Acres State Park, movie night, a campfirestyle sing-along, even a Pooch Paparazzi Photo Contest! Visit www.themillcasino.com/entertainment for details.
6. North Bend July Jubilee Friday & Saturday July 19th-20th, 2013. 1380 Sherman Ave North Bend (541) 756-4613 Street Fair, Historical Home Tour, car show, Back Alley Bash, and much much more at various locations throughout this fun filled Birthday weekend for North Bend.
7. 55th Annual Salmon BBQ Sunday, August 4, 2013 10:30 am to 3:30 pm. Bastendorff County Park, Charleston (541) 756-1282 Join us for the annual event to celebrate the yummy salmon! Hosted by the Kiwanis Club and featuring their reknowned glaze, menu will include barbecued Salmon Steaks, cole slaw, baked potatoes, rolls, coffee, ice cream. www.oregonsadventurecoast.com
8. 27th Annual Charleston Seafood Festival Saturday-Sunday, August 10th-11th, 2013 8/10/2013 10 am- 6pm. Boat Basin. Charleston (541) 269-0215This family-friendly party includes plenty of great live music — from country to jazz — as well as games and contests for kids and adult. Crab race anyone? Beer and wine, and, of course, the bounty of the sea will be the center of the event.
9. 27th Oregon Shorebird Festival Friday-Sunday August 23rd-25th, 2013. Charleston. (541) 867-4550 It’s been 27 years since Cape Arago Audubon Society started the Oregon Shorebird Festival in the small town of Charleston, OR. During this time, many generations of shorebirds have stopped over to feed and rest in the estuaries of Coos Bay and Bandon as they migrate. www.fws.gov/oregoncoast/shorebirdfestival
10. Blackberry Arts Festival Saturday & Sunday August 24th-25th, 2013 50 Central Ave Coos Bay. (541) 269-0215 Arts, crafts, jewelry, photography, paintings, prints, weaving, spinning, woodworking entertainment. Blackberry treats, food, drinks and a whole lot more! coosbaydowntown.or
Here are just a few of the ongoing events coming up in the Charleston, North Bend and Coos Bay area. Be sure to check our events calendar for complete information. We are here to help you plan, get here, and enjoy your visit.
- Farmers Market every Wednesday and Sunday from 9 AM to 3 PM, through October – Farm fresh fruits, vegetables, flowers, plants and more! Downtown Coos Bay. coosbaydowntown.org
- Coos Bay Speedway Drag Racing www.coosbayspeedway.us
- Exhibits at Coos Art Museum. CAM is the third oldest art museum in Oregon and contains six galleries totaling 5600 square feet. The Museum annually presents from 12-25 changing original and touring exhibitions, including exhibits from its 530 piece permanent collection. www.coosart.org
- Friday Chef’s Table at OC Culinary Institute. (Through June 7) Creative & tastefully prepared meals delight diners every Friday at Noon and 6pm.Reservations are required and must be made no later than Thursday. www.occi.net
- Art Walk. A self guided walking tour, 2nd Thursday of each month featuring local artists, tasty food and fun! Maps are available. For more information call Crystal Dolphin at 541-756-1989 Various locations 5:00-8:00pm
- First Friday Wine Walk – Visit various downtown Coos Bay businesses to wine taste and shop on the first Friday of each month from 5pm to 7pm. For more information, contact Cindy Rawlings at The World, 541-269-1222, ext289
- Second Saturday Arts event in downtown Coos Bay’s Marshfield District. This event is held every second Saturday from 10am-3pm and can be enjoyed by the whole family. Includes an art walk, demos, classes and more! Visit www.facebook.com/CoosBaysMarshfieldDistrict for event details
- South Slough National Estuarine Research Reserve. Events throughout the summer. Birding, Youth Camps and Programming and more, (South Slough NERR) is a 5,000 acre natural area located in the Coos estuary on the south coast of Oregon. www.oregon.gov/DSL/SSNERR