The official start of summer is right around the corner, and it is time to plan your next adventure! Oregon’s Adventure Coast can be enjoyed any time of the year, but there is something very special about our summers. The region comes alive with annual festivals and activities that anyone can enjoy.
Here are just a few of the many splendid annual events coming up in the Charleston, North Bend and Coos Bay area. Be sure to check our events calendar for complete information. We are here to help you plan, get here, and enjoy your visit.
- Farmers Market every Wednesday and Sunday from 9 AM to 3 PM, through October – Farm fresh fruits, vegetables, flowers, plants and more! Downtown Coos Bay. coosbaydowntown.org
- Coos Bay Speedway Drag Racing www.coosbayspeedway.us
- Exhibits at Coos Art Museum. CAM is the third oldest art museum in Oregon and contains six galleries totaling 5600 square feet. The Museum annually presents from 12-25 changing original and touring exhibitions, including exhibits from its 530 piece permanent collection. www.coosart.org
- Friday Chef’s Table at OC Culinary Institute. Creative & tastefully prepared meals delight diners every Friday at Noon and 6pm.Reservations are required and must be made no later than Thursday. www.occi.net
- Art Walk. A self guided walking tour, 2nd Thursday of each month featuring local artists, tasty food and fun! Maps are available. For more information call Crystal Dolphin at 541-756-1989 Various locations 5:00-8:00pm
- First Friday Wine Walk – Visit various downtown Coos Bay businesses to wine taste and shop on the first Friday of each month from 5pm to 7pm. For more information, contact Cindy Rawlings at The World, 541-269-1222, ext289
- South Slough National Estuarine Research Reserve. Events throughout the summer. Birding, Youth Camps and Programming and more, (South Slough NERR) is a 5,000 acre natural area located in the Coos estuary on the south coast of Oregon. www.oregon.gov/DSL/SSNERR
Memorial Day Weekend Events
- 25th Annual Memorial Day Parade Saturday, 5/26/2012 11:00 am in Downtown Coos Bay
- BBQ, Blues & Brews by the Bay at The Mill Casino. The first ever sanctioned Kansas City Barbeque Society event to come to the Oregon Coast! Featuring judging classes, bbq vendors and a thrilling competition where the winner takes home $5000. Come sample great BBQ, beer, and cheer on your favorites. Sponsored by Green Mountain Grills, Marshfield Bargain House and K-DOCK 92.9.
- Shore Acres Rose Sunday Father’s Day Sunday, 6/17/2012 Rose experts in the garden, refreshments; 11am-4pm. ($5 parking fee) www.shoreacrespark.com
- Highway 101 Harley-Davidson’s Annual Lighthouse Run Friday, 6/29/2012 to Saturday, 6/30/2012 536 S 2nd Street, Coos Bay. Includes shirt; pin; food; 50/50; entertainment; raffles; poker hands; cash prizes. Don’t forget to register in advance. www.highway101hd.com
- Clamboree! Saturday, 6/30/2012 10:00 am to 8:00 pm Empire District, Coos Bay, (541) 888-4477 Join the Empire celebration of the history, the clams, the culture, and the future of our area.
- 3rd of July Fireworks at The Mill Casino Tuesday, 7/3/2012 9:45 pm 3201 Tremont Ave North Bend. Don’t miss this spectacular fireworks show over the bay at dusk (approx 10pm)
- 4th of July Mayor’s Firecracker Run Wednesday, 7/4/2012 10:00 am 725 N. 10th St Coos Bay (541) 269-1199 Mingus Park and the Coos Bay Waterfront, 10am.
- 4th of July in Mingus Park Wednesday, 7/4/2012 10th & Central Coos Bay (541) 269-0215 Fishing ponds, face painting, FREE swimming, family competitions, clowns, kids entertainment, Boy Scouts, Monkey Bridge, Photos from the Heart, Furry Friends Therapy Dogs. Crafts and goodie bags, food available, and much more. Fireworks provided by the City of Coos Bay at dusk by the waterfront.
- Oregon Coast Music Festival Saturday, 7/14/2012 to Saturday, 7/28/2012 Multiple locations Coos Bay, North Bend, Charleston. Opening Day Event at Mingus Park, Noon! Come enjoy wine, food, and music to start the 34th year celebration. Music festival has multiple dates and venues. www.oregoncoastmusic.com
- North Bend July Jubilee Friday, 7/20/2012 to Saturday, 7/21/2012 1380 Sherman Ave North Bend (541) 756-4613 Street Fair, Historical Home Tour, car show, Back Alley Bash, and much much more at various locations throughout this fun filled Birthday weekend for North Bend. www.northbenddowntown.com/july-jubilee
- 54th Annual Salmon BBQ Saturday, 8/4/2012 10:30 am to 3:30 pm Bastendorff County Park, Charleston (541) 756-1282 Join us for the annual event to celebrate the yummy salmon! Hosted by the Kiwanis Club and featuring their reknowned glaze, menu will include barbecued Salmon Steaks, cole slaw, baked potatoes, rolls, coffee, ice cream. www.oregonsadventurecoast.com
- Charleston Seafood Festival Saturday, 8/11/2012 10:00 am to Sunday, 8/12/2012 6:00 pm Boat Basin. Charleston (541) 269-0215This family-friendly party includes plenty of great live music — from country to jazz — as well as games and contests for kids and adult. Crab race anyone? Beer and wine, and, of course, the bounty of the sea will be the center of the event. www.oregonsadventurecoast.com
- 26th Oregon Shorebird Festival Friday, 8/24/2012 to Sunday, 8/26/2012 Charleston. (541) 867-4550 It’s been 25 years since Cape Arago Audubon Society started the Oregon Shorebird Festival in the small town of Charleston, OR. During this time, many generations of shorebirds have stopped over to feed and rest in the estuaries of Coos Bay and Bandon as they migrate. www.fws.gov/oregoncoast/shorebirdfestival
- Blackberry Arts Festival Saturday, 8/25/2012 to Sunday, 8/26/2012 50 Central Ave Coos Bay. (541) 269-0215 Arts, crafts, jewelry, photography, paintings, prints, weaving, spinning, woodworking entertainment. Blackberry treats, food, drinks and a whole lot more! coosbaydowntown.org
- Star of Hope’s Bluegrass Bash! Saturday, 8/25/2012 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm 725 N. 10th Street Coos Bay (541) 888-8893 We will have local favorites, fantastic food, a variety of vendors, a quilt and 50/50 raffle and, best of all, another FREE Bluegrass Concert! www.oregonsadventurecoast.com